« Home | Daddy, Day #1 » | Getting ready to go back » | Hello from Moscow » | OFF WE GO! » | DW / Starlight / Monkey's / Trip / Etc. » 

Friday, August 12, 2005 

Home with Charlie Bear







We’ve been home almost a week, and things couldn’t be better. Poor Charlie has scabies, and now, so do I. I have about 10 bumps, which all itch like the dickens. I can’t imagine how much he itches, considering how many bumps he has. Poor kid. But, his face is getting better, and he seems much happier. DW has bronchitis, but she got some medicine, and looks like she is feeling better. I felt bad for her trying to take care of a new child, while sick.

Last night, Charlie was in such a good mood. He was playing with momma, who had told me that he was singing for Grandmama. Then, he demonstrated for me. Mama sang “La La La”, which Charlie repeated. He was a happy little boy, playing and singing. I almost started crying because he was so cute, and it made me so happy.

We received a stroller from our dear friends from Lighten Up. What a great surprise. I put it together, and we took Charlie for a “stroll” around the neighborhood. To say that I was in heaven walking with my wife and child is an understatement. I have waited for this for so long, and now, it is finally here. He loves his stroller, and at one point, looked up at me and reached for my hand, smiling. This is what it’s all about.

Hopefully, this weekend, we can take him out and about for the first time, and see how he does.