« Home | I bow before the champion » | Charlie Loves his Mommy » | Kind of a fun time waster . . . Be A Cab Driver » | Well, the unhappy didn't last too long! » | A Very Unhappy Camper » | Playing with Daddy is hard work » | Einstein Knows Best » | Cool, and Addictive » | Poor Little Knothead Part II » | Who wants Kisses from a southpaw? » 

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 

How Sad Is This???


My wife thought she had the perfect surprize present for me. She openly mocked me, saying I would never figure out what she was getting me. Of course, I quickly figured it out. And, the only reason I told her was because it was something that I really don't need.

She wanted to get me an IPOD Nano. Very cool gift, and something she knows I would like, being electronic and new and cool. But then, I started thinking about it, and truly, I don't know when I would ever use it. Can't listen to it in my car. My boss doesn't like us wearing headphones at work, so I can't listen to it at work. So, I really would probably never use it. It would end up in a drawer, like my Palm Pilot. That's why I went ahead and told her that I figured out the present, and that I really didn't want her to get me one.

So, now, she is asking what I want for Christmas, and I honestly can't think of anything. I have everything.

Computer - check.
Speakers - check.
Laptop - check.
Printer - check.
Scanner - check.
TIVO - check.
DVD Burner - check.
Digital Camera - check.
Mini DV Camcorder - check.
Home Theatre - check
TV's - check, check, check, check.

I really have no idea what I want for Christmas. Sure, a new keyboard would be nice, but I don't want to spend $600.00 (and if she tried to buy me one, she'd get a whoopin'). A Hi-Def TV would be nice, but again, too much money (we're still paying off things from all the Russia trips).

Truth be told, I got the best present I could ever get back on August 1st. Now that I have my Charlie-bear, I really don't need anything else.

First off, check out the deals at Best Buy. A co-worker said they are offering no interest payments until 2008, and if that is indeed the case, then you have plenty of time and no real good excuse not to get one.

Second of all, I would suggest a new sound card. If I recall correctly, you were saying that you didn't have a good one and what better reason to get an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum (the one with the front inputs - I love mine).

Just some suggestions.

Post a Comment