« Home | New Charlie Photos » | Crap that has been on my mind. » | A Pixie Dust Moment » | A Privilege » | SInce when is tasering a bad thing? » | What the heck are they thinking? » | Enough to make a Disney Geek's head explode » | The Best Fight Scene I've Watched » | Pete's Request » | What a difference a couple of years makes » 

Saturday, October 20, 2007 

5 Things

List 5 things that certain people (who are not deserving of being your friend anyway) may consider to be “totally lame,” but you are, despite the possible stigma, totally proud of. Own it. Tag 5 others.

Since Corey tagged me, here goes. Bonzai!

1. I have a weird ability to remember long strings of numbers or letters. I still remember my 16 digit Missouri drivers license from when I was 16, can repeat the entire McDonalds Menu Chant, numerous George Carlin routines and Bill Cosby routines, and other random useless knowledge items. I really need to defrag my brain.

2. I have an extensive Disney music collection. Everything from movie soundtracks to ride audio to outtakes. And this was before I ever got my job. I checked my MP3 player, and found that I have 9 different recordings of It's A Small World.

3. I was the stage guitar player for 2 years in a row for the Miss Missouri pageant. I played for the stage band which accompanied all the acts and pageantry.

4. I had a hit record in Branson, MO when I was 19. Taneycomo lake had flooded, and I wrote a song about it, recorded it in my dorm room using two cassette decks to overdub instruments and vocals, and gave a copy to a friend. The song was very much in the style of Ray Stevens. It got into the hands of a guy at KRZK, the radio station in Branson, and became the most requested song for several weeks. I was even featured on the front page of the Springfield News Leader in an article about the song. Alas, it went nowhere further than that.

5. I have the ability to do many different cartoon voices. Most of them are voices originally done by Mel Blanc. Some came quite natural (Marvin the Martian, Daffy Duck, Sylvester) and some came with quite a bit of hard work (Bugs Bunny). Many years ago, I had an outgoing answering machine message of me doing all of the Looney Toons voices talking about answering the phone. One evening I came home and found a message from Noel Blanc, Mel's son, who commented I did the voices good. My friend, Mancow, had Noel as a guest on his show, and had called my home number to let him listen.

Ok. Tag Steve, Wade, John, Nick, Tracy

"I checked my MP3 player, and found that I have 9 different recordings of It's A Small World."

Um, Randy? Even in a meme like this, revealing this one may have gone too far.

I am very impressed by the guitar playing for the pagent and the hit song. Nice! I had no idea.
I am not impressed by the MP3 choices...sorry.

Post a Comment