« Home | I guess we'll keep him » | Uh, I'm in room 1519. Which way do I go? » | James Lipton recites K-Fed » | A Charlie Photo Update » | Bye Bye QRIO! » | I am at a complete loss for words » | My Hero! » | Two great shows this weekend » | I've Got The Record, Baby! » | A Bad Morning » 

Thursday, February 09, 2006 

REJECTED!!!!!!!!!!!

It's obvious that Charlie is really attaching to his mother. He runs to her, squealed last nigth when he saw her, and will grab her to go play. I understand that boys tend to favor their mothers, so, it's not bothering me too bad (note "too bad").

Last nigth, after dinner, I had Charlie in the living room, and was planning on giving him his bath and putting him to bed. Kim came in from cleaning up after dinner, and sat with us. 7:30 came, and Kim said, "Are you ready to give Charlie his bath?" Well, Charlie gets up, walks to his mother, grabs her hand, and walks her to the bathroom for his bath. I said, "I guess you're giving him his bath tonight!" Charlie had made his preference plain and clear. So, I sat and watched TIVO while Kim bathed him and put him to bed.

It's so much fun to see his personality come out, and to see him becoming his own little person. He has changed so much since coming here, and he is really becoming a normal little boy. I'm sure his first months were hard, leaving the only home he had known, and having these two strangers, who speak a different language, take care of him. But, with Grandmama and Grandpa's help providing daycare, he is really progressing great. We can't wait until he begins to talk, and then, I'm sure, we'll think back fondly to the days he didn't. We're still waiting on that first good, clear "Mama!"

Not just boys - Hayley's always been a mama's girl. Of course, I go to work every day and Holly stays home, but it took Hayley a long time to warm up to me.

She still prefers Mommy to read her bedtime stories and whatnot.

Post a Comment