« Home | Back to Mr. Mom status » | A Taste of Real Improv » | Them Teletubbies is huge, man! » | A Banner Week » | Charlie, Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch Charlie » | Kimberly's A Little Confused! » | What a backyard is made for » | Mama comes home today » | One Last Vegas UP-date » | Mr. Mom! » 

Friday, April 28, 2006 

A Week of "Rosebuds"

It started early this week, when I discovered that a guitar I've owned since 1984 is a sought after guitar. That caused me to think about my favorite guitar, a Westbury SG copy that I played all through college. I loved this guitar, and should never had sold it.

Then, while at work, for some reason, I searched out Evel Knievel toys on Ebay. I mentioned it to Derek, my co-worker, who sent me a link to something he had bid on that morning. An Evel Knievel Scrable Van. Man, that brought back memories. The Evel Knievel toys were my favorite toys I owned, and something that I've often joked that I would still play with today.

Then, today, I was talking with another co-worker, and he mentioned that his brother made his living on Ebay. His primary selling item . . . Schwinn Stingray bikes and parts. Of course, that took me back to my best bike, the Schwinn Stingray Orange Krate, which my parents bought me for my 7th birthday.


Maybe it's seeing the world through my sons eyes, or the joy of discovering my childhood again with him, but it was sure an interesting week of Rosebuds.