« Home | Mama comes home today » | One Last Vegas UP-date » | Mr. Mom! » | A couple of pictures from Vegas » | The Little Crib Climber » | The Week In Review » | And, a week of lasts » | A week of firsts! » | Wow, what a range of facial expressions on James Bond » | Las Vegas Bound » 

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 

What a backyard is made for

Another milestone last night. Charlie, Kim and I went out in the backyard and played ball. Why is that a milestone? Because for the past 11 years, the only thing I have done in my backyard is mow it and landscape it. We've never enjoyed our backyard. I've fixed the sprinklers, dug up dead trees, planted new trees, killed weeds, pulled up fencing, but never enjoyed myself back there.

Then, yesterday, we had a rousing game of ball. It was almost like the yard was saying, "Yes, finally, a little boy playing on me!" Charlie had a great time, he was safe, and it truly became a backyard.