« Home | Yuck » | One of the funniest ad campaigns I've ever seen » | A Waste of Time, but Entertaining » | It's Online » | Back from San Fran » | Open Up That Golden Gate . . . » | A Week of "Rosebuds" » | Back to Mr. Mom status » | A Taste of Real Improv » | Them Teletubbies is huge, man! » 

Friday, May 19, 2006 

California, Here I Come, Part Duex

Well, it's back on the road for a week in southern California. We have a bad employee doing bad things, and I have to go catch him doing it. So, it's a week away from the family. Not happy about that, but it comes with the job.

But, my wife scored big time with my birthday present. She bought a Garmin Quest GPS system. Man, will that come in handy while driving around L.A., and out into the desert. I've been playing with it around here, and it's pretty darned accurate. It talks to you, tells you where to turn, and even reroutes you if you screw up. Pretty sweet.

Tonight and Tomorrow are Monkeys with Handgrenades. I've been gone for several months while I was working with the church improv group (who did their first show and rocked the joint, in the most Christian manner, of course). I don't have any of my plays in this month, but at least next week will give me the opportunity to write while I'm on the road. I write my best stuff while I'm bored in a hotel room.