« Home | Charlie Meets "The Mouse" » | Gabriel Is Moving To Second Chair! » | The Amazing Things a 2 Year Old Can Discover » | And, just a couple more photos » | Camera Phone = Charlie Photos » | Holy Crap! » | On A Happier Note » | I'm Very Skeptical » | Happy Birthday Dad! » | Update on the Little Colonial's "Little General" » 

Friday, September 01, 2006 

I don't think I like this!

Today, I called my Visa card company. I called because it is a Disney Visa (imagine that), and I know that they offer some discounts at Walt Disney World to card holders. So, I wanted a new card sent out to me, as I don't carry this card normally, and probably destroyed the last one I got.

I called the credit card issuer from my work phone. I never input my account number, because I didn't know it. I finally press "0", and got a live person. He asks for my mother's maiden name. I asked him what good would that do, as I hadn't given him any account information. He said, "You don't have to, I have it here". I doubted he did, but sure enough, he did.

I can understand using the caller ID from my home phone number to identify a customer, but I called from work, from a phone system. How did they have my work number? I've never given it to them.

Too weird. We all worry about identity theft. Now, you can call from a co-workers phone, and access their account information with minimal effort. Not good.