« Home | Happy Birthday, Boss! » | Ok, Trish, Some Photos » | I can't believe it's been a year » | Not Much New To Report » | A Sick Household » | Oh, the sweetness of success » | Wow. This is amazing . . . amazingly horrible » | A few quick photos » | A Cool Site » | My Co-Workers » 

Sunday, November 23, 2008 

He Said What?

So, Charlie is pee-pee trained, but still has issues with poopy training. He's had two accidents at his new school, which they were none too happy about.

The other night, we went to dinner (Mr. K's, the best Chinese restaurant I've ever had. Really good!). At the end of dinner, I got a whiff of something, and it wasn't sweet and sour pork. So, we left and went home. Once inside, I took Charlie to the bathroom to clean him up. Unbeknownst to either of us, a small bit of poo (or "poo nugget" as we call them) had dropped down his pants leg. Kim stepped on it, and then tracked it into Charlie's bedroom, before noticing. I continued with Charlies "poo bath", intending to clean up when I was done.

Once the bath was over, I carried Charlie to his room, to put on his jammies. He looked down and said, "ooo, icky". Then, he told me he wanted to read a story. I said sure.

Then, he loudly proclaimed, "Clean up the $#!t, then read a story". I stopped dead in my tracks, and asked him to repeat it. "Clean up the $#!t, then read a story". Trying really hard not to laugh, as I was still unsure that I heard what I heard, I called Kim in, and asked Charlie to repeat it. Sure enough, "Clean up the $#!t, go read a story". I had heard right. We changed it to Clean up the poo, and he seemed happy with that.

So, the next day, I talk to his teacher and tell her the funny story. I didn't want to accuse, as I wasn't 100% sure they had said it (I know we hadn't), but I wanted to get my point across. She quickly blamed the other kids, but I think she understood.

My son's first curse words. I'm so proud.

UPDATE

Tonight, Charlie and I had Father/Son time, while Mommy went out with her friends. We went bowling (kiddie bowling alley rocks), and then to dinner.

Last Sunday, we were watching SNL on TIVO, when the Beyonce song came on "Single Ladies". I watched it (because I'm male with a pulse), but then at the end, I heard beside me, "Again". Only it wasn't the normal voice of my 4 year old. It was somewhat lower, and more breathy. We watched the video several times, and it's become his favorite song. We've watched it 20+ times lately.

Tonight, on the way home from bowling, I started singing, "All the single ladies". I got interrupted by Charlie saying, "no, Daddy. It's All the Chicken Ladies".
I almost wrecked the car laughing.

OK. Both of these stories make me very, very happy. Thanks for sharing! Kim wouldn't say the curse word on Facebook. :D

If you want, I can teach him a few more that would make Nick Rigoli blush.

Post a Comment