« Home | Not Much New To Report » | A Sick Household » | Oh, the sweetness of success » | Wow. This is amazing . . . amazingly horrible » | A few quick photos » | A Cool Site » | My Co-Workers » | Home Alone » | Wee Wow Wee Woo Wahcka Doo Wahcka Doo » | Next Time, Please Hire An Actor » 

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 

I can't believe it's been a year

Actually, that's a lie. I can.

One year ago, I posted on here that I had given up sweets. No candy, no pie, no cake, no cookies, no cans of frosting, no tubes of cookie dough. Nothing.

And now, I'm happy to report that it's been a year since I've eaten any sweets. Plus, I also cut out snacking at work. I eat breakfast, lunch, and then go home for dinner.

The results? Well, over the year I've dropped 44 pounds. I also dropped 5 inches off my waist. I stalled in my weight loss about 5 months ago, but then, a delightful case of stomach flu last month started me up again (mixed blessings, huh?).

My common line I tell people when they look at me astonished when I refuse a piece of birthday cake or a cookie is that I'm 43, and I've already eaten 86 years worth of sweets, so I'm not really missing anything.

I've still got a lot of weight to go, and I'm afraid that cutting out sweets only took me so far. I need to eat better at the other times. Fortunately, I've got some good genes, because all my #'s come back perfect (blood sugar, cholestoral, etc).

The most fun I had was selling my fat jeans on Ebay. Made some money on that one! Woohoo!

YOU HAVE AN INSANE AMOUNT OF SELF-CONTROL. Congrats on your treatless year! And the 44 pounds. It's a tough thing to do—and it sucks that the whole "eat right and exercise" is the way that actually works. Now post some pictures, please.

Sweets and snacking? You are more of a man than I will ever be.

But I guess that kind of went without saying.

Nice work!

Congratulations Randman. I wish I had known you were selling your fat jeans. I think I can use them.

Post a Comment