« Home | Next Time, Please Hire An Actor » | "IN A WORLD WHERE PETE AND RANDY ARE SADDENED" » | Greetings from Fay Central » | Taylor, The Latte Boy's Rebuttal » | The Highlight of the "Encore" Cast Show » | D&MN YOU AUTO FLUSHING TOLIETS » | An Anniversary of Firsts » | 999 Happy Haunts, but always room for 1000. Any v... » | Sometimes I forget what a unique place I work! » | A very enjoyable evening! » 

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 

Wee Wow Wee Woo Wahcka Doo Wahcka Doo

So, Charlie has been singing something for the past few weeks. He gets the sweetest grin on his face, and with tons of joy, starts singing, "Wee Wow, Wee Woo, Wahcka Doo, Wahcka Doo!"

We figured this must be some song he learned in daycare. Whenever we sang it back to him, he told us we weren't singing it right.

So, today, when I took him to daycare, he started singing it when he got in the classroom. I asked his teacher, Ms. Maria, what song it was from. She said, "I have no idea. It's nothing we sing. But, he sings it alot, and now has all the other kids singing it too!".

After much thought, I finally figured it out. It's "We Will, We Will Rock You!" from Queen. Now, where he heard that, I don't know. But it sure fits what he is singing. And he sure loves singing it.

This weekend, I was doing yard work, clearing some overgrown shrubs in the back yard. Charlie wanted to help, so I had him out with me. He turned out to be the best helper. When I would cut a branch, or palm frond, he would immediately pick it up and put it in the wheelbarrow. When I cut the palm that had thorns on it, he told me, "It hurts", but figured out how to carry it without poking himself.

Then, it got hot, and I told him we should go inside and get some water. He said, "No, want to finish", and proceeded to pick up the for palm fronds that were still on the ground, and put them in the wheelbarrow. I was so proud of him. And, he proudly proclaimed, "I'm a good helper!"

A song in the heart…
to sing it is a start,
to a great new hum…
and fun for everyone.
MississippiKin

My nephew, who is 6, loves "We Will Rock You". Granted, my brother and I have been Queen fans for decades, but that's not where he learned of the song. He has a toy truck that plays a snippet of the song when you hit a button. It got annoying on a long car drive.

Post a Comment