« Home | Wee Wow Wee Woo Wahcka Doo Wahcka Doo » | Next Time, Please Hire An Actor » | "IN A WORLD WHERE PETE AND RANDY ARE SADDENED" » | Greetings from Fay Central » | Taylor, The Latte Boy's Rebuttal » | The Highlight of the "Encore" Cast Show » | D&MN YOU AUTO FLUSHING TOLIETS » | An Anniversary of Firsts » | 999 Happy Haunts, but always room for 1000. Any v... » | Sometimes I forget what a unique place I work! » 

Sunday, September 07, 2008 

Home Alone

Today is Sunday, and it's my 3rd day home alone. Kim and Charlie flew back to KC to visit with Grandma, Grandpa, and friends. I stayed in Orlando, as airfare was still a bit pricey, and I have things to do. Mainly, I've been painting Charlie's room, so that he will have a big boy room. We chose Buzz Lightyear colors from Disney Paints, and it's a bit slow going. I had to prime the entire room, then put on two coats of paint of blue (seems the color isn't the best for concealing). Next will be some painting of trim (both green and a lighter blue), and finally, buying, transporting and assembling Charlie's new big boy bed.

After working, while waiting for paint to dry, I've been doing something I don't get to do when Charlie is around. I've gone and seen movies. I saw Wall-E and The Dark Knight (EDIT: That's two different films. Although, thinking about it, that might be a good sequel!?!?). Both excellent movies. I was surprized how many people were in the theaters for each showing, as these movies had been out for quite some time.

Today, it's taping and trimming, and then lawn mowing, and then off to IKEA for Charlie's bed. A full day.

Needless to say, it's also quite lonely without my wife and son. But they come home tomorrow night, and I'm sure they are having fun. I know that Grandma is spoiling Charlie to no end, and that he's loving it. They have a special bond that I want him to experience as much as possible. It was the only downside to our move to Orlando . . . seperating Charlie from Grandma. But, we make the best of it.

Enough typing. . . .back to painting.

Even seeing Charlie just a few weeks ago it's still hard to accept he is old enough for a big boy bed. He's such a great kid! You guys have done good.

Steve's in Kentucky for six days so now I'm "bach-ing" it. Thank goodness for a puppy and school work to keep me busy.

It's good that Charlie is getting to see his grandparents. This will turn into special memories for him with his grandparents as he grows. MississippiKin

IKEA, I am shocked!!!!!!! So, how long did you spen in IKEA looking for a bed???

Post a Comment