« Home | The First Time This Has Happened! » | What was everyone looking at? » | By Popular Demand, More Charlie Pictures » | Someone Has A Bit Of A Temper! » | Well, this is TOO COOL » | Charlie meets Santa Claus (or Ded Moroz) » | How Sad Is This??? » | I bow before the champion » | Charlie Loves his Mommy » | Kind of a fun time waster . . . Be A Cab Driver » 

Thursday, December 08, 2005 

Eating a bit of crow!

So, after a lot of thought, I decided that I do, indeed, want an MP3 player for Christmas. I decided the other day when I was burning a few CD's for the car, and realized just how wasteful and silly it was to burn CD's, when I could just get an MP3 player and play it through an FM modulator. So, I did my research and decided to get a Creative Zen Nomad.

I'm still glad that I told my wife not to get an Ipod Nano. They are more expensive, have less storage space, and are more fragile. The Creative has 30gb, and a decent track record (Mickie has a Creative and likes it).

So, I ordered my Christmas present last night (with the wife's blessing). Got a good deal, so I'm happy, the wife's happy, and Charlie is always happy.

Schweeet! I have had the 40GB Creative Nomad Jukebox 3 for 4-5 years now and I have never had a problem with it. I love it! Sadly, I got mine well before the Zen series came out and, therefore, mine is about the same size as a CD Walkman type player. I'm sure that in the next few years it will begin to fail me, so I'll be grabbing another similar mp3 player (although probably the 60GB variety or more). I'm glad to hear you're steering clear of the iPods!

I too am debating whether to get an IPod or not. Part of the problem is that if I get one, it's only fair that Corey gets one too, but then that's $500 we've spent. You say this brand is cheaper and holds more songs? Do tell, do tell.

Post a Comment