« Home | UNCOMFORTABLE » | NORAD is All Systems Go to track Santa » | And, speaking of family photos » | Found Myself on Pete's Website » | Christmas Photos - The Outtakes » | 425% in one year? » | What you can do with Midi! » | Am I Funny To You? » | Merry Christmas from the whole family! » | Eating a bit of crow! » 

Thursday, December 22, 2005 

One of those "Did He Just Do That" moments


Last night, after a fine dinner of Spaghetti, Charlie, Mommy and me settled down in the livingroom. I had set the TIVO to record Sesame Street, as Charlie seems to enjoy Elmo.

I really wanted him to see Elmo, as his Aunt Donna had just sent him a 3 foot stuffed Elmo as a Christmas present. So, we are watching Sesame Street, and the episode has Elmo meeting Rosita for a play date. Unfortunately, they keep missing each other, and can't get together. At one point, they begin singing a very sad song about "does anyone want to play with me".

Charlie was frozen. He was watching the show, and when Elmo said, "Doesn't anyone want to play with me?" Charlie reached for the screen.

Finally, Elmo and Rosita find each other and give each other a big hug. At that moment, Charlie squealed and began clapping.

Mommy and I just looked at each other, and said, "He just understood that story!" It made us both cry.

Yay Charlie!

Post a Comment