« Home | Almost There! » | Happy Birthday Wishes » | I don't think I like this! » | Charlie Meets "The Mouse" » | Gabriel Is Moving To Second Chair! » | The Amazing Things a 2 Year Old Can Discover » | And, just a couple more photos » | Camera Phone = Charlie Photos » | Holy Crap! » | On A Happier Note » 

Thursday, September 07, 2006 

When you mess with fire, you'll get burned.

Ok, the common policy for most stores is that if you have a receipt for an item, purchased the day before, you can get a refund. Apparently, not at Payless. Because the "store manager" gave both me and my wife a rash of you know what over a $12.99 pair of fake crocs we bought for Charlie's Disney trip.

It's a long story, but the basic part is that the "Store Manager" refused to do a refund because my wife did not have her credit card with her to verify the number. Granted, it's stored in the register, but she insisted on seeing the card. Kim didn't have the card, because instead of carrying her purse, she carried Charlie's diaper bag. After some major attitude by the "Store Manager", Kim walked out, and I walked in.

She proceeded to tell me that she couldn't refund it. I told her to refund it to my debit card (the same account as my wife's). She refused, saying her auditors would question it. She asked me, "What do you want me to tell my auditors?" My response? "Tell them you did it as a customer service issue, so that you could keep them as a customer!"

Finally, after more discussion and attitude, she did the refund. Needless to say, Kim wrote a 2 page email to Payless explaining the rudeness of this "Store Manager" (answering 3 phone calls while talking with me). We got an almost immediate response, an offer for a gift card, and letter of apology from the corporate office.

Moral of the story: Don't piss off my wife over a $12.99 receipted refund! We both worked in retail. We know how it is to work with customers. But honestly. This was the worst service we have ever gotten.

Thanks for reminding me. I need to send a nasty email to Hawaiian Airlines regarding my 5 1/2 hour flight that ended up taking 8 hours.

Post a Comment