« Home | Apparently, I'm no longer in my 20's » | Photo Update - Winter in Florida » | What I Miss About Kansas City » | Charlie meets Handy Manny » | Oye, my stomach. » | Something to think about this political season » | Superfluous Information » | Update on Diet (if anyone at all cares) » | Charlie's Favorite Bed Time Story » | Charlie at the Beach » 

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 

I am now a published author.

Yesterday, I received my copy of "Retail Crime, Security, and Loss Prevention - An Encyclopedic Reference", by Charles Sennewald and John Christman. Why is that noteworthy? Because I contributed two sections to this book.



Last year, I was contacted by Chuck Sennewald, asking me if I would be interested in writing a couple of sections for this encyclopedia. To say I was honored is an understatement. Chuck is kind of a legend in the security/loss prevention industry. He even wrote one of the textbooks I used during college. So, of course, I immediately said yes, and then immediately said, "Oh Crap, what will I write about?"


I ended up writing entries on Refund Fraud in a retail environment, and Integrity Test Shops, two topics that I am familiar with due to my years in retail. Chuck edited the sections, I signed documents with the publisher, and that was that.


So, yesterday, when I got this huge 704 page book, I was thrilled. Seeing the list of other contributors was amazing. So, now I can add "published author" to my resume.

VERY cool. Congrats, Randy!

We are impressed.
Do you think you might like to author something yourself??? MississippiKin

Wow! Congratulations on getting published. Who knows where this will lead you now.

Note to all: This is the first post on this blog not to feature a picture of a Disney character.

Post a Comment