« Home | Merry Christmas To All » | He Said What? » | Happy Birthday, Boss! » | Ok, Trish, Some Photos » | I can't believe it's been a year » | Not Much New To Report » | A Sick Household » | Oh, the sweetness of success » | Wow. This is amazing . . . amazingly horrible » | A few quick photos » 

Thursday, December 04, 2008 

Thank You, Paul Harvey


I was listening to the Paul Harvey, Jr. morning update yesterday, when he started talking about itching, and how little medicine knows about why we itch. Then, he talked about people who have an intense itch on their back, on the left side, quarter sized, which lasts for years. He said it's called Notalgia Paresthetica.

I was so tickled to hear that, because I've had those exact symptoms for the past 5 years. It's an intense itch, like the worst mosquito bit you've ever had. It's at a spot you can't easily reach, so I end up keeping back scratchers around my desk and house. Or, I ask my loving wife to scratch my back for me. It's several times a day, and is quite annoying.

I've asked several doctors, and they've all been clueless. I've gotten everything "put some lotion on it", to a prescription for steriod cream, but nothing happens.

Turns out, there is no cure, but doing some research, I learned that long term relief has come from, of all things, Botox injections.

So, you can bet your butt I'll be in my dr.'s office next week with printouts from the web, and asking for a referral to a dermatoligist.

Amazing. 5 years of doctors, and I get my answer from Paul Harvey, Jr. Now, that's news.