« Home | Lights. Camera. Action » | A Little Freaked Out » | Twiterpaited » | Thing's I've Learned Being A Father » | Monkeys With Handgrenades get a great review » | Home with Charlie Bear » | Daddy, Day #1 » | Getting ready to go back » | Hello from Moscow » | OFF WE GO! » 

Friday, September 23, 2005 

I'm A Ringtone Artist


Back in 1996, after going to Disneyland, and seeing Fantasmic, I decided to try to do a midi file of the ending theme. I had loved the music during the show (written by Bruce Healey) and had bought a cassette copy. I wore that copy out creating a midi of the ending theme.

I thought it was a pretty faithful interpretation of the music, and I posted it to a midi newsgroup.

I knew that it had made it around a bit, as I've received emails asking for permission to post it on websites.

Today, I did a Google search for the file, and found 14 pages worth of search results that showed my little midi file on websites. They range from Disney fan sites to ringtone sites. It's truly amazing something I did 9 years ago has this much exposure.

If you are truly bored, http://home.kc.rr.com/thetennisons/midi/ is where my midi files are (a couple don't work . . . this is a really old attempt at a webpage).

As soon as I get my next cell phone, I'm going to get one of your ring tones.

Post a Comment