« Home | I Got A Fever, and The Only Remedy Is » | All Hail The MacGuffin » | Mr. Rogers goes to Congress. » | Look, here's the dog that tried to bite me. Here's... » | A 23 Year Record Broken » | California, Here I Come, Part Duex » | Yuck » | One of the funniest ad campaigns I've ever seen » | A Waste of Time, but Entertaining » | It's Online » 

Friday, June 02, 2006 

Free Money


If you haven't already, you should be continually checking the Unclaimed Property websites from the state that you live in, or have lived in. You never know when unknown money will turn up in your name.

Last year, my name showed up on the Missouri website. Turns out it was dividends from an insurance policy my dad took out on me when I was a baby. $400.00 free dollars.

Then, yesterday, I looked at California's website. I saw my sister's name, and the address we lived at when I was 2. Turns out, she has over $1,000.00 coming from something. Considering that it would be over 40 years old, it could be a simple savings account that has been bearing interest all these years. Who knows? Very cool, though!

So, go out and check. I know some friends who have money waiting for them, as well (Marc, Trish, you really should claim your money).

No luck for me ineither MO or IL.
:(

Post a Comment