« Home | Charlie Update » | You've Got To Be Kidding! » | Successories - ish » | Elvis introduces his new band! » | Goodbye, Monkeys » | What's In the best interest of the child? » | Weird Al is back, and better then ever! » | Phew! » | It's Amazing! » | What Have I Gotten Myself Into? » 

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 

New Music Wednesday


Yesterday, Meat Load released "Bat Out Of Hell III - The Monster Is Loose". Being a fan of the Loaf, I decided to buy this CD. Honestly, I haven't bought any new music in years. I mostly listen to old stuff, but I wanted to hear this one.


In trying to keep up with Pete and his new music reviews, I felt compelled to write about this one. It's a pretty darned kick-butt CD. While it's a bit different than other Bat albums (mostly due to the loss of Steinmen as producer), it still rocks pretty hard. It's not as "opera" as Steinman would have done, which is one of the qualities I really enjoy, but it is very well produced. It's absolutely better than the sucky "Welcome to the Neighborhood".


Meat Loaf is one of those artist, unfortunately, who is much better recorded than live. His voice just ain't what it used to be, as he often goes off key while singing live. But, in studio, he sounds great.
For Bat fans, don't fear the new one. It's a bit different, but it still gets the job done.

No Steinman??? It just doesn't seem right to have a Bat album without him.

PC?? Hmm... that's weird. How did I go from one blogger site to another and change identities without ever creating said identity.

Post a Comment