« Home | It's Amazing! » | What Have I Gotten Myself Into? » | Now This Is An Office! » | In Case You Didn't Know, Sears Sucks! » | You're On Notice! » | In case you didn't know, Sprint Sucks! » | Why? » | And a few photos from our friends camera! » | More Walt Disney World Photos » | Back From Disney! » 

Sunday, October 15, 2006 

Phew!

On Thursday night, I wanted to look for some audio files on my 2nd hard drive. Windows suddenly wouldn't recognize the drive, saying it was not formatted. It had lost it's setup, and was now a RAW drive, meaning nothing would read off of it. CRAP! That drive has all my videos, music and most importantly, Charlie's photos on it.

After some research, I found a program called Getdataback. It promised to scan the drive, and show me what it could recover. Then, I could pay for it, and recover the data. So, I downloaded it, and started it scanning. 14 hours later (yes, 14), it showed me that almost 100% of my drive could be recovered. So, I paid my $79, and started recovering.

First, Charlie's photos. They were all there. Then, my videos. All there. Now, I'm out of room on my C: drive, but I still can recover everything else once I set up another drive.

Talk about some major stress. But, all is well! Got it all burned to a DVD now, for backup.