« Home | What Have I Gotten Myself Into? » | Now This Is An Office! » | In Case You Didn't Know, Sears Sucks! » | You're On Notice! » | In case you didn't know, Sprint Sucks! » | Why? » | And a few photos from our friends camera! » | More Walt Disney World Photos » | Back From Disney! » | When you mess with fire, you'll get burned. » 

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 

It's Amazing!

Last night, I realized something that kind of startled me. As much as I have loved my son since he came home last year, I continue to love him more every day. I didn't think it was possible. But, as his little personality has started developing, as he's bonding closer to us each day, and as I interact with him more and more, I truly feel my love growing.

He has the unique ability to make me laugh, make me cry, make me melt all over the floor. His laughter is the sweetest sound in the world, and I'll do anything to hear it. And, when he's so tickled with something that his little shoulder shake, it's the cutest thing to see.

And, as we continue to grow, and get to know each other, it's amazing to see our bond get tighter. Recently, I asked him, "Where's Mommy?" and he smiled and pointed at mommy. She then asked, "Where's Daddy?", and he pointed at me, and smacked me on the arm. It was the first time we really saw him identifying us by a name.

Then, on Monday, while I was driving to pick him up from Grandmama's house, I was listening to the demo track of the music from "Silence of the Lambs - The Musical", as I'm working on another musical for church. These were demo tracks I made for the performers so they could learn the songs, so I'm singing on it. When I got Charlie in the car, and started it up, the music began playing again. After a few seconds, Charlie pointed in the air and said, "Dada!". It delighted me to no end that he recognized my voice coming through the car stereo (he's heard me sing to him each night I put him to bed, so I guess it's to be expected). Then, when the song was over, he clapped.

Seeing Charlie grow, mature and change is so much fun. I highly recommend everyone have kids as soon as possible. Or, even better, go over to Russia and save another child over there. There are so many beautiful children that need homes and futures. It's worth every minute of prep it takes.