« Home | Why do they call it "Stainless" steel? » | RIP, old friend » | Updates » | Oh Crap! What did we just do? » | Finally » | Thumpin! » | Congratulations! » | New Music Wednesday » | Charlie Update » | You've Got To Be Kidding! » 

Monday, November 27, 2006 

This is why I love Pixar!

So, my wife and I were watching CARS the other night on video. Charlie loves the beginning with all the race cars.

In the first part of the movie, you are introduced to Mia and Tia, Lightning McQueen's biggest fans. They are 1990 Mazda Miata's (hence the pun on their names).

During the scene where Lightning is on stage, and the girls drive up to introuduce themselves, my wife noticed something I never did.

They say , "I'm Mia and I'm Tia, and we're your biggest fans. Kachoow!" And, when they say Kachoow, their headlights raise up and shine on Lightning, then lower back into their bumpers.

My dear, saintly wife, tells me, "They just flashed their headlights at Lightning".

Of course they did.

"No, they just flashed their "headlights". Get it?"



You know, I had watched this movie 3 times, and never noticed that joke. And I can't find any mention of this on the web. What a riot. That's why I love John Lasseter and Pixar. They can get a good old fashioned booby flash in a G rated movie!

On video??? What's up with that Amish boy?

If I knew what you meant by that comment, I could more easily respond.

I think Pete is meaning to imply that "video" is an outdated form of home movie watching, a parallel to the Amish using primitive means of functionality in their lives. He seems to be chastising you for eschewing the more modern (and less Amish-live) "DVD" form of entertainment for the more primitive "video" format.

- CR

Ahh, well then he's made an assumption. I use the term "video" as the generic term of home movie viewing, much as Kleenex and ChapStick are now generic to facial tissue and lip balm.

He, of all people, should know that I would never resort to watching an inferior quality VHS tape, having viewed my home theater. Projecting a VHS tape on a 100 inch screen would suck.

No, my "on video" comment was merely meant to distinguish viewing on pre-recorded format, as opposed to watching it at the movie theater, or watching it on cable.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the record store.

Do you call every "soft drink" a Coke as well?

Post a Comment