« Home | He's Getting So Big! » | Coming Soon: Disney Interview #2 » | This is why I love Pixar! » | Why do they call it "Stainless" steel? » | RIP, old friend » | Updates » | Oh Crap! What did we just do? » | Finally » | Thumpin! » | Congratulations! » 

Sunday, December 03, 2006 

Holiday Stress

This holiday season seems to be a bit more stressful than others. I made it through the stress of writing, directing and playing piano in "Capital Campaign, The Musical", a 20 minute musical I did for the kickoff meeting for our new building fund at church. It went over well, and I'm glad it's over.

Now, I only have the stress of
  • Building a new house - picking out all the colors, appliances, carpets, tile, stone, etc.
  • Selling our old house - Do I sell with a realtor and pay $9,000 commission or do For Sale By Owner and save that, but not have any help selling?
  • Disney Interview - The above could be for naught if I do well on the interview Thursday. Could we be moving to Florida (FYI, I already turned down a Florida job this year).
  • Work Stress - How do you do your job effectively when the chips are stacked against you?
Maybe Charlie has it right. When you get frustrated, scream loudly until someone comes and helps you!

UPDATE: My interview has been rescheduled for Monday. Drats, was wanting to get this thing going!

UPDATE #2: My interview has been rescheduled for next Friday. Are they trying to tell me something?

Let me just say, yes, Charlie is right. I also find if you can find a sturdy plastic bucket, a metal pipe, and a room with concrete walls (like, say, a basement) it helps to release steam by beating the crap out of the bucket.

Post a Comment