« Home | I am now a published author. » | Apparently, I'm no longer in my 20's » | Photo Update - Winter in Florida » | What I Miss About Kansas City » | Charlie meets Handy Manny » | Oye, my stomach. » | Something to think about this political season » | Superfluous Information » | Update on Diet (if anyone at all cares) » | Charlie's Favorite Bed Time Story » 

Thursday, March 27, 2008 

Yet another cool moment living in Florida



Last night, after putting Charlie down to bed, Kim and I went outside to see the Space Shuttle land. We had never seen it, or heard the sonic boom when it comes over Orlando.

We looked into the dark night sky, and tried to spot it. It was difficult, because there were surprizingly a lot of planes in the air. But then, I noticed a strange looking plane with a flashing light. Then, I noticed two planes with red lights, one on each side. Just then, "BOOM BOOM". The sonic booms, as the Shuttle goes subsonic, are loud. So loud that both Kim and I jumped. We watched the lights go overhead, and past our ability to view, and then ran inside to watch the actual landing on TV.

It was a very cool experience. I hope to get out to the Cape to see a shuttle launch sometime this year. Some church friends went to the launch a few weeks ago, but it was at 2:00 a.m., and there was no way I could stay up for it that night. So, hopefully, I can take Charlie to see a "wocket ship" take off!

Can you guys find Nick and job and we can move down there? I love reading about all the awesome things going on!!! I work from home now and I'm ready to move somewhere warm!!!!!!!

Post a Comment