« Home | I'm A Ringtone Artist » | Lights. Camera. Action » | A Little Freaked Out » | Twiterpaited » | Thing's I've Learned Being A Father » | Monkeys With Handgrenades get a great review » | Home with Charlie Bear » | Daddy, Day #1 » | Getting ready to go back » | Hello from Moscow » 

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 

Twilight Zone, the Church Video

Well, after 2 evenings of shooting, and 14 hours at the editing console (otherwise known as my desk in the spare bedrooom), the video was completed. It was actually pretty good. I was really worried, because a couple of the people acting really didn't understand acting for film, so their performances didn't line up very well. But luckily, the female actress did, and I was able to edit around her.

The real "eureka" point was when I was adding music to the video. I was trying to find some good background music, when I remembered that I had the original soundtrack recordings from "The Adventures of Superman". What an outstanding find. Here was pre-recorded background music for 50's tv shows, which all worked together. The music made the piece, adding perfect "stings" for action parts, as well as the perfect mood for a parody of a 50's/60's tv show.

And, tremendous credit to Cameron, who pulled off an incredible imitation of Rod Serling. He nailed it.

Not the best video I've done, but it was alot of fun to do!