« Home | The Year of a Million Dreams » | Next Stop? "I'm Going To Disney World" » | The Circle Is Now Complete » | Hometime with Charlie » | It's A Go! » | Light At The End Of The Tunnel » | The Waiting Is The Hardest Part » | Now, it's just a waiting game » | In Memory of the Peechee » | On My Way! » 

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 

You never know how much you've got, until it's gone.

On Tuesday, I told my boss, Rick, that I was leaving to take the job at Walt Disney World. He had some very nice things to say to me regarding my employment with Ferrellgas, which was very much appreciated.

Then, he called me back in and asked if there was anything he could do to get me to stay. He said very nice things about my tenure, and that he hated to lose me. That was very unexpected, and appreciated. However, I'm pursuing a dream job, so I had to tell him that there was not anything that they could do, but that I appreciated my time there.

Then, Rick's boss, Jeff, spoke with me today and again tried to talk me into staying, telling me how valuable my work has been, and the impact I've made on the company. But, he understood that the job is something I've wanted for a long time.

Then, this afternoon, I received a call from the President and C.O.O. of the company. Steve has been a great leader and friend since I started with the company, when he was an Area Manager. He also said nice things, that he appreciated my work, and that he would normally try to talk me into staying, but that he understood that I was following a dream. He told me that I always had a home at Ferrellgas should anything happend, and then made me promise to give him a tour of WDW when he comes there for vacation. With this guy in charge of Ferrellgas, the company can't go anywhere but up!

I knew that I did a good job, but I really didn't have a handle on how much I was appreciated. It was really touching.