« Home | Twilight Zone, the Church Video » | I'm A Ringtone Artist » | Lights. Camera. Action » | A Little Freaked Out » | Twiterpaited » | Thing's I've Learned Being A Father » | Monkeys With Handgrenades get a great review » | Home with Charlie Bear » | Daddy, Day #1 » | Getting ready to go back » 

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 

The Copywrite Police



So, after I did my video, I posted it to a popular church media website. I've posted vidoes there before, and people have been very kind, and it's inspired some other churchs to do vidoes.

But, of course, immediately, there has to be the postings asking "Did you get copywrite permission?" "How did you get away with using the Sci Fi channel logo on your video?" "Watch out for the Copywrite Police".

Why is it that good, church going people have to get all "hall monitor" whenever something is posted? They can't post fast enough, warning that I might have violated some copywrite. I almost expected some of their posts to start with, "Teacher, Teacher!!! Look what Randy's doing!".

My opinion is that this video falls under the Parody exception for Fair Use, and therefore, does not infringe on copywrite. Even if I may be wrong legally, I don't need a bunch of people pointing their collective fingers and going, "Ummm, someone's going to be in trouble"

Screw those non-believers! Since it is a parody, you're fine. If anyone says different, you tell 'em God said you're right... then send them my way, I have something for them. Aye!!!

Post a Comment