« Home | Shhhhh, don't tell Charlie » | Bouncin' and Splashin' » | Free Money » | I Got A Fever, and The Only Remedy Is » | All Hail The MacGuffin » | Mr. Rogers goes to Congress. » | Look, here's the dog that tried to bite me. Here's... » | A 23 Year Record Broken » | California, Here I Come, Part Duex » | Yuck » 

Sunday, June 11, 2006 

I hope it's finished by Wednesday

This weekend was "assemble the swingset" time around the household. Derek came over on Saturday and helped me get it started (and I owe him big time for it). We worked for several hours, and got the main fort structure done, but then, it was 90+ and the sun was beating so hard that I called it for the day. Just too hot, and now, too sunburned. But, we got the main fort portion done, and are ready to add the other parts.

So, today, I realize that I really need to figure out a way to level the fort. It's leaning a bit, due to the uneven nature of my backyard. So, I figure I'll build up the dirt around the base of the sides that are low, and then it will be level. So, I start hauling dirt from the easement, and then, get the idea to cut some sections of grass and dirt out of the easement, and place them under. It worked great. The fort was even, and stable.

And then! I decided to see how the slide, stairs and rock wall fit. They didn't. The stairs and rock wall now didn't reach the ground. I built up the sides too high. So, back to where I started. I'm going to have to dig out the high sections to match the low sections. So, all my effort today was for naught.

And, I fought with Target over the bounce house. I ordered it, anticipating it would be here for the party on Wednesday. Only, Target delayed shipping a day, and now the expected arrival is the day after the party. AARRGGHH! I'm hoping to get hold of FedEx, and see if I can pick it up at the warehouse, rather than waiting for them to deliver it. That might shave off a day.

So, I'm sunburned, frustrated, and am now going to have to take a couple days off work to finish.

Hey, just remember if you need any help, I'm busy that night.

:)

Thank you for coming to our house!
I was so excited to meet Charlie and we are totally inviting ourselves over to play on all that cool stuff he got for his birthday. WOW

I just read some of your August 2005 blogs, and your first night with Charlie. What a beautiful story!

Not that you don't have enough already -- but I did put a couple of pictures of Charlie and Kim on Dominic's website.

Enjoy your boy! :-)

Post a Comment