« Home | You never know how much you've got, until it's gone. » | The Year of a Million Dreams » | Next Stop? "I'm Going To Disney World" » | The Circle Is Now Complete » | Hometime with Charlie » | It's A Go! » | Light At The End Of The Tunnel » | The Waiting Is The Hardest Part » | Now, it's just a waiting game » | In Memory of the Peechee » 

Friday, February 09, 2007 

The Sound of one hand typing.

Today, I had the first of two Carpal Tunnel Release surgeries. Everything went well, once it got done. Through some scheduling mistakes, my 9:15 am surgery didn't take place until 12:45. But, I'm done, and now have a useless right hand for a couple of days.

The surgery is very quick, taking only about 5-8 minutes. Unfortunatley, I did feel quite a bit of it, as my body metabolizes anethisa very quickly. So, they gave me more, so my hand is completely numb, like when you sleep on your arm. But, that should wear off in a day or two.

Here is a drawing of the surgery, for those curious.



After a couple weeks healing, I'll have my left arm done, and then no more symptoms. Yeah!