« Home | Did You Know? » | The Sound of one hand typing. » | You never know how much you've got, until it's gone. » | The Year of a Million Dreams » | Next Stop? "I'm Going To Disney World" » | The Circle Is Now Complete » | Hometime with Charlie » | It's A Go! » | Light At The End Of The Tunnel » | The Waiting Is The Hardest Part » 

Saturday, February 17, 2007 

Very Very Sad


It is with a broken heart that I let everyone know that Binkley, our beloved Silky Terrier, left us yesterday, at the age of 14. He had grown ill, was mostly blind and deaf, and was obviously not himself. He got easily confused, walking into walls, and not knowing where he was, and had become incontinent. So, yesterday, we made the decision to have him put to sleep. He is now in heaven, chasing squirrels and rabbits, and barking at anyone walking by.

The house seems very empty now. But we know it was the right thing, as he was in pain, and was not the same dog he had been. Plus, we know that he would not have been able to make the trip to Florida, being so old.

The only good point of this is that Charlie really never bonded with him, so there is no issue with explaining to Charlie where Binkley is.

We fully understand the emotions you must be having at this time. We also went through having to let some of our "elderly" pets go so they wouldn't have to suffer any longer. Now, whenever you miss Binkly(sorry about spelling)go back to memory lane and remember the happy times you had with him. And always know you gave him the best life a dog could have. MississippiKin

I teared up this morning when Steve told me the news. I am so sorry for your loss and know you must be going through a great deal of grief. Be good to yourself, and take the time you need. I love you guys.

I'm sorry to hear this since I know what he meant to you both. I had to deal with the same thing when my lab, Alley, had failing kidneys.

So sorry to hear about your doggy. I also have my "Pumpkin" in pet heaven, an orange cocker spaniel, so I know it is a hard time for you. Take care, Noemi

Friends, I'm sorry to hear about Binkly. While there's no good time for a loss like this, I'm glad that you won't have to worry about leaving him behind when you move.
Blessings, beth

I had to make that difficult decision this past summer with my dog, Ted. It's hard because while you know you're doing the right thing for your friend, it doesn't make the decision any easier. But you know that are making the right decision. My thoughts are with you, buddy.

Post a Comment