« Home | A very enjoyable evening! » | Various Goings On » | Family Portrait Time » | A Proud 4 Year Old » | 16 Years Together » | A Weekend Trip to Vero Beach » | The world just got a little less funny » | I don't think laughter was what he was going for » | A good week! » | A Master of Object Work » 

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 

Sometimes I forget what a unique place I work!

I work in an environment that strives on exceeding our customer's expectations. We don't even call them customers. They are guests.

We offer outstanding service, and empower each Cast Member (not employee) to exceed expectations. We live to hear how our simple tasks made someones visit even better. We provide Guest Service Recovery, where if there is a problem, whether caused by us or not, we take immediate steps to make it right. For example, the toddler who drops their ice cream off their cone gets a new cone as quick as possible. Any Cast Member, from the custodian to the park executive, has the power to make that happen. Perhaps it's something small, like a sticker given to a crying child, or large, like a comped room due to a problem. Disney wants to take care of their guests.

GE doesn't.

[rant]If you read about my refridgerator problems, I opted to buy the doors to replace the defective ones on our fridge. So, the shipped the doors (I had to pay shipping, which I was told would be covered. Another lie). They got here, and I called to have them installed. Two giant 7 foot tall boxes stored in my garage. The tech gets here today, and spends 15 minutes trying to find out if I have to pay for installation (I didn't). Finally, he walks in, and opens the first box. It's a black door. Not only is it a black door, it's for the wrong refridgerator.

So, I burned a day off for nothing. Not only does GE not care, and will not take any steps to make me feel better about their mistake ("We don't compensate for time, even when it's our fault"), I'm told that if I want, I can throw away the doors and they will send me $50. Seems they don't want them back. They are of no value.

REALLY? I paid you $425 for those doors, because you would not honor a class action settlement that I didn't know about until 3 months after it expired. And now, you tell me the items that you refused to give me as a warranty item have no value, and I can throw them away?

And then, when I ask who I can complain about this, I'm told that I can write to an address. When I question further, I find out that the address goes to no one, but simply gets sent right back to the customer no-service call center that I'm talking to right now.

Wow. I'm truly lucky to work for a company that treats it's customers as guests.[/rant]

Keep climbing the "customer service" ladder. Ask for a phone number or for each person's manager until you get satisfaction. At this point, it's a matter of principle. Have you contacted the BBB yet?

Unfortunatley, GE knows how to keep you from getting anywhere. They don't have any numbers listed for any execs, no emails, and any letters sent go right back to the same office I was talking to. The first time, I asked for managers, and just got the same people over and over. When I complained online, I got the same people. They don't care.

I'm glad the Disney Kool-Aid tastes so good. Keep chugging!

P.S. Sorry about the fridg - that sucks.

Post a Comment