« Home | I don't think laughter was what he was going for » | A good week! » | A Master of Object Work » | Two thumbs up for Big Boy Underware » | A True Floridian » | KC Bound » | A Couple of Reviews » | Yet another cool moment living in Florida » | I am now a published author. » | Apparently, I'm no longer in my 20's » 

Friday, May 30, 2008 

The world just got a little less funny

Comic powerhouse Harvey Korman dies at 81
By BOB THOMAS

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Harvey Korman, the tall, versatile comedian who won four Emmys for his outrageously funny contributions to "The Carol Burnett Show" and played a conniving politician to hilarious effect in "Blazing Saddles," died Thursday. He was 81.

Korman died at UCLA Medical Center after suffering complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm four months ago, his family said. He had undergone several major operations.


Watching Harvey on The Carol Burnett Show was a major factor in my comedy upbringing. Sure, Tim was funny, but watching Harvey was much more fun for me.

And, the character Hedley Lamar is one of my favorite things about Blazing Saddles.