« Home | 999 Happy Haunts, but always room for 1000. Any v... » | Sometimes I forget what a unique place I work! » | A very enjoyable evening! » | Various Goings On » | Family Portrait Time » | A Proud 4 Year Old » | 16 Years Together » | A Weekend Trip to Vero Beach » | The world just got a little less funny » | I don't think laughter was what he was going for » 

Friday, August 01, 2008 

An Anniversary of Firsts

This is an email from my wife. I thought I would share what she wrote:

Hello Friends – Just wanted everybody to know that today is an anniversary for several “firsts” in our family. Three years ago today, we were in court in Russia, and became the parents of our Charlie. So today is his “Gotcha Day” as they call it in the adoptive community. We feel like he’s been ours forever, and can’t imagine life without our little blessing.

Also, one year ago today we moved into our house in Orlando. I can’t believe it’s been a year already, and we’ve settled in nicely to life in Florida. We LOVE being Floridians. And, I was so grateful Disney provided movers for us – it’s the ONLY way to make a move cross country like we did. But it was still a big job unpacking and settling in, especially in the heat of August in Florida. But we did it, and survived to tell the tale!

Third, my parents’ 47th wedding anniversary is on August 1 – yay Mom and Dad!

Happy Friday everyone. Just wanted to share those warm fuzzies with you all.

Kim

I still tear up thinking about how lucky I was to be a small part of your trip to get Charlie. Knowing you, has been so special in so many ways. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Love,

Noemi

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on everything!

Forever thankful
MississippiKin

Post a Comment