« Home | An Anniversary of Firsts » | 999 Happy Haunts, but always room for 1000. Any v... » | Sometimes I forget what a unique place I work! » | A very enjoyable evening! » | Various Goings On » | Family Portrait Time » | A Proud 4 Year Old » | 16 Years Together » | A Weekend Trip to Vero Beach » | The world just got a little less funny » 

Saturday, August 09, 2008 

D&MN YOU AUTO FLUSHING TOLIETS


We are still working on potty training with Charlie. And, by we, I mean Kim and I. Charlie isn't working that hard at all.

He knows the actions, he intelectually wants to do it, but the emotional is still a bit difficult. So, he'll go into a bathroom stall, take down his pull up, stand or sit (his choice), but nothing happens. He then stands up, tries to bluff ("I did it"), and goes to wash his hands. Nothing happens.

Until tonight. We were at Home Depot, getting some paint for his room, when he announced, "I need to go pee pee". Now, we weren't sure whether this was a true decleration of imminent urination, or merely a ruse to let him out of the racecar stoller and allow him to walk the aisles. We went with him, though, because we want to encourage him in his potty training.

So, Kim took him to the potty (as I was waiting for our Buzz Blaster Blue paint), and apparently, he dropped his pullup, and a small trickle appeared. Then, suddenly, the autoflusher on the toliet decided to flush. It scared him, he cried, and potty time was done.

Oh, well, back to the drawing board.

Steve had me mute the TV so he could read me this post. Poor Charlie. I'm sure he was horrified. And now, you all have to help him recover from this trama and try and try again. Rest assured, by the time he's getting married I'm sure he'll have it down - even if he refuses to use the automatic flushers.

BTW...the auto flushers never recognize me. Weird, huh?

Randy,

What a story! One suggestion, don't ever ever let Charlie go to the airplane potty during your potty-training, or he will be scared for the next 10 years.

Those darn things are the loudest, scariest things, even makes me want to go in pull-ups.

:) Kisses....Noemi

Post a Comment