« Home | Walt Disney World, here we come ºOº » | Microsoft's New WE-SYP Program » | Digging A Hole All The Way To China » | What a little love will do! » | Charlie is walking » | If I were on South Park » | Rocketboom Dance Party » | Darn it. I had to get up and go to work. Oh well... » | Spelling Bee » | I've been ripped off » 

Saturday, October 29, 2005 

Dinara has a home!


While I was on my first trip to Astrakhan to meet Charlie, I went to his room at the orphanage where he lived. He was in a room with 6 other children his age. Once, when I went in there, Charlie was sleeping. I looked over, and saw a very cute little girl in one of the playpens. She looked up, and smiled so big at me. So, I waved at her. She grinned, shook her head no, and looked down, very sweetly. Then I waved again, and she did it again. We discovered a game, that we played for a minute or two. Then, Charlie was up, and I took him to go play.

I told my wife about this adorable little girl I had played with in Charlie's room. She's always been in my heart a little bit (just like most of the kids I saw in that orphanage were).

A couple of days ago, I was reading the Astrakhan Adoption Yahoo board, when I noticed that one of the mothers, who has posted messages in the past, announced she was home with her daugther. She posted a couple of pictures, and it was that same little girl. I was so happy that Dinara (her name) found a forever family. I told her mother that she was lucky, because if I could have, I would have brought her home with me and Charlie.

Congratulations, Jody, and welcome home, Dinara.