« Home | New Life - Week 1 » | So Happy! » | The Good News Keeps Coming » | Things finally happening! » | A Good Birthday » | Thoughts for the day » | Home for the weekend » | Stop the Screaming! » | Looking Back with Pride » | My Brush with Celebrity » 

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 

A Cool Florida Moment

Last Friday, we had an "only in Florida" moment. Of course, everyone knows that the Space Shuttle Atlantis blasted off Friday evening, after a long delay (due to the Columbia disaster and a freak hail storm). All the news channels in Orlando broke in with coverage of the launch. I had thought about driving over to Cocoa Beach to watch the launch, but work kept me from having time.

So, while sitting on the couch in our condo, we watched the shuttle launch. Then, I looked out the front window, and there it was. We could see the shuttle going up. We even saw the booster seperation. It was extremely cool. I thought to get my camera, but after booster seperation, you couldn't really see it anymore.

I hope to actually get over to Cape Canaveral to see a launch some time. I had seen missle launches as a child when we lived near Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, but I really want to see a shuttle go up. And, of course, I want Charlie to see one, as well.

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to see a shuttle/space craft launch. My goal now is to make it onboard the first civilian-manned shuttle launch.

Post a Comment