« Home | Hectic Hectic Hectic! » | Our New Home! » | Maybe that's Kramer was saying???? » | A couple of quick photos » | As NASA would say, we are holding! » | Know a Johnson? Now, there's one more! » | 15 Years of Magic » | A Cool Florida Moment » | New Life - Week 1 » | So Happy! » 

Friday, July 27, 2007 

A Seinfeld Moment

Today, I had a phone conversation that was truly part of a Seinfeld episode. As you might know, Orlando is the king of the toll road. All the bypass highways are toll roads. So, Kim and I have “Sunpass” transponders in our cars, which automatically pay our tolls, so we don’t have to stop, or even slow down. I have the Sunpass’ on auto replenishment, so that when the prepaid balance drops below a certain level, they automatically debit my checking account for another $25.00.

Last week, I changed banks (a long story in itself), so I went online to change the debit card information I had on the auto replenishment. Over the past 3 days, each time Kim has gone through a Sunpass lane, the transponder beeped indicating we had no money in the account. I went online, and they credit card number had reverted back to the cancelled card. So, I changed it again, got the confirmation that it was done, and even called Sunpass to ask them why this happened. They assured me everything was ok.

Today, Kim gets another 3 beep warning while going through the toll booth. I called Sunpass again, and discussed the issue. This is where it gets interesting. This is the juxt of the conversation:

Sunpass:Just because you get a confirmation that your credit card went through, doesn’t mean it actually happened!”

Me:Isn’t that the definition of confirmation? Confirming that something took
place?”

Sunpass: “Sir, I know what a confirmation is.”

Me: “Apparently, you don’t, or my wife would not have gotten a violation this
morning!”


I felt like Jerry when he was reserving a car.

I love it! I say screw Florida, move back to KC.

Post a Comment