« Home | We're Almost Homeowners » | A Seinfeld Moment » | Hectic Hectic Hectic! » | Our New Home! » | Maybe that's Kramer was saying???? » | A couple of quick photos » | As NASA would say, we are holding! » | Know a Johnson? Now, there's one more! » | 15 Years of Magic » | A Cool Florida Moment » 

Thursday, August 02, 2007 

Chinch Bugs

What the heck are Chinch bugs?

Posted by Tracy Crowe Jones | 4:41 PM





But I am studying this stuff, so I know it...you know, like......chinch bugs. You know......manganese. A lot of people don't even know what that is.



Blissus leucopterus also known as the true Chinch Bug is a small (about 1/8th inch (3-4 mm)) North American insect in the order Hemiptera and family Lygaeidae. It is the most commonly encountered member of the Blissus genus which are also known as Chinch Bugs.

This tiny pest, rarely measuring over 6 mm in length, causes millions of dollars in damage per year, as homeowners seek to control chinch bug outbreaks by applying insecticides and replacing damaged grass.

That clears it up...thanks.

BTW, I just learned yesterday how to do a controlled burn in my back yard. I haven't actually done it yet, but I now feel intellectually equiped to try it out if I ever feel the need.

Post a Comment