« Home | Possibly the funniest person on the planet » | The Copywrite Police » | Twilight Zone, the Church Video » | I'm A Ringtone Artist » | Lights. Camera. Action » | A Little Freaked Out » | Twiterpaited » | Thing's I've Learned Being A Father » | Monkeys With Handgrenades get a great review » | Home with Charlie Bear » 

Friday, September 30, 2005 

I wish I had these guys voices


In Monkey's With Handgrenades, I'm often cast as the voice-over person for the scenes. It's something I don't mind at all, because I don't have to memorize lines. I can read my part from the booth, or the mic area. I have fun finding the right voice for the sketch, whether it's the friendly sounding airport announcer, or the deep voiced movie trailer guy, or the gravel voiced strip club dj.

So, I was surfing around, and I found these great clips of some of the top movie trailer guys having some fun with what they do.

First is a clip from an intro to an award show, where 5 of the best voice over guys get together in a limo. It stars Don LaFontaine, who is the original deep voiced "In a world where" guy (seen in the picture to the right), John Leader, Nick Tate, Mark Elliott (The voice on all the Disney DVD's and movie trailers), and Al Chalk.

It's really fun to see them having fun with what they do (and I love Mark Elliott skipping at the end).

http://images.suntimes.com/images4/trailers/5men.mov


Then, their's this great spoof starring Hal Douglas, in a movie trailer for Comedian.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/comedian.html

Needless to say, these guys make some serious money (especially LaFontaine, who I saw a documentary on. It's his limo. He rides from job to job. ) Nice work if you can get it.