« Home | Dinara has a home! » | Walt Disney World, here we come ºOº » | Microsoft's New WE-SYP Program » | Digging A Hole All The Way To China » | What a little love will do! » | Charlie is walking » | If I were on South Park » | Rocketboom Dance Party » | Darn it. I had to get up and go to work. Oh well... » | Spelling Bee » 

Monday, October 31, 2005 

Charlie's Baby Dedication


Today, Charlie was dedicated at our church, Vineyard Church. For so long, we had attended and watched other people stand up front and dedicate their children to God, and we ached. It seemed like we might miss a week or two, and when we came back, darned if it wasn't baby dedication day. The pain was real. No one can understand the pain of infertility until they've experienced it.

But today, in front of our friends, we dedicated Charlie to God. There was another couple who had adopted a child, and it dawned on me that both of us had been put on the path of adoption through Vineyard Church. We, by meeting Lori Lichti, who had adopted from China, and worked at Childrens Hope International, and the other couple, by meeting a very young girl at the church who chose them to adopt her daughter.

After church, we ate lunch at Olive Garden, and enjoyed talking with our friends. It really hit me how blessed we are. I have everything that I've ever wanted in life. A beautiful wife, a handsome son, a good job, a nice house, and great friends. Wow.

Yeah... just rub it in.

BTW, I forgot to mention how much I like this new CSS layout you're using. It's clean, has nice color contrast, and it stylish without being annoying. Good choice.

I love your site Randy. I'm so glad I know about it now.

By the way, which Vineyard do you go to? I belonged to a Vineyard for a long time growing up.

Oh, and Charlie is soooo cute!

Post a Comment