« Home | Charlie's Baby Dedication » | Dinara has a home! » | Walt Disney World, here we come ºOº » | Microsoft's New WE-SYP Program » | Digging A Hole All The Way To China » | What a little love will do! » | Charlie is walking » | If I were on South Park » | Rocketboom Dance Party » | Darn it. I had to get up and go to work. Oh well... » 

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 

Poor Little Knothead

Since Charlie has begun walking, he's experiencing another new activity . . . smacking his forehead on furniture. On Halloween, he was walking with me in the kitchen, when he let go of my hand, took two steps, and fell, smacking his forehead on the leg of a chair. I picked him up immediately, and he was trying to cry, but no sound was coming out. After about 5 seconds, it finally came. Poor little guy. It must have really hurt. I loved on him, and he was ok in about 5 minutes.

Then, on Tuesday, I went to pick him up at grandmama's house, and apparently, just 10 minutes earlier, he had took a dive into the coffee table. He had a knot on his head. But, by the time I got there, he was fine, laughing. But, he had the egg on his forehead.

I took him home, and was playing with him. Right when I was getting ready to take him to his bath, he fell, and smacked his forehead on a toy. Probably hit his knot again, because we cried huge.

It breaks my heart each time he hurts himself, but what are you going to do? We can't remove every hard object in the house that he could possibly fall into. He can't keep him from walking. And I doubt he would wear a helmet! So, bumps and bruises have started.

Grandpa summed it up best . . . "You think this is bad, wait till he starts riding a bike!"

Hayley's name around the house when she started walking was "Massive Head Wound."

Post a Comment