« Home | Good Bye, Kansas City! » | Countdown to Leaving » | Unemployed » | $20.95 to feed a two year old??? » | My Last Monkeys Show Gets Great Review » | Very Very Sad » | Did You Know? » | The Sound of one hand typing. » | You never know how much you've got, until it's gone. » | The Year of a Million Dreams » 

Saturday, March 17, 2007 

First Week At Disney


I've completed my first week at Walt Disney World, and it's been great. I went through "Traditions", which is the class that all cast members go through to teach you about the company, the history, the expectations and how to make the magic. It was fun.

Then, it was off to work. My team seems like a great group of people. I've already had a chance to do some work myself, and everyone has been very supportive. I got to go into the Utilidors underneath the Magic Kingdom (something I had always wanted to see), and even went backstage in Epcot. Folks, it's a whole different world backstage. Might not be as glamorous, but it's equally fascinating how the job gets done.

The only bad part of the entire week has been being without my family. It makes for lonely nights sitting in a "bachelor" apartment each night. But, if someone will buy our house, we can get them down here, and get Kim a job.

So glad to know you are adjusting so well in your new job. Hope that being by your lonesome self will be a very short time, so that you and family will be all together once again. MississippiKin

I've got my ears open for people wanting a house, but so far no luck. Oh, and since when is backstage anywhere "glamorous"?

At least you got a corner office. For some reason I keep imagining your office is like the "This Is SportsCenter" commercials on ESPN, with mascots and athletes everywhere, except it is Disney cast memebers hanging out.

Post a Comment