« Home | Countdown to Leaving » | Unemployed » | $20.95 to feed a two year old??? » | My Last Monkeys Show Gets Great Review » | Very Very Sad » | Did You Know? » | The Sound of one hand typing. » | You never know how much you've got, until it's gone. » | The Year of a Million Dreams » | Next Stop? "I'm Going To Disney World" » 

Monday, March 12, 2007 

Good Bye, Kansas City!

I left Kansas City last night, and it really hit me... I'm leaving my home of the past 18 years.

My childhood was one move after another, because my father worked for the government, and was transferred many times. By the time I was in 8th grade, I had been in 12 different schools. So, being in one city for a long time was very comfortable. But, now, I'm a Florida resident. Kinda. I mean, I still have a home in KC (please, someone buy this from us), and I'm going to be in temp housing for a while. But, I've moved. It's for real.

Today was my first day as a Disney cast member (we don't say employee). I spent the morning in a brief orientation, then had lunch with my new boss. Surprizingly, after that, I was on my own. Which was perfect, because I needed to get furniture set up for the condo I'm renting. Thankfully, I found a reasonable corporate rental program, and will have nice stuff.

I really lucked out on the condo. It's very nice, and the complex has some great amenities. And the price is very good. It's a bit weird to be alone in a one bedroom apartment. And, very lonely without my wife and son. But, it's temporary.

Tomorrow I go through "Traditions", which is an all day session of the history of Disney, along with the policies and proceedures that cast members must follow. I've always wanted to go through this, so it should be fun.

Yet another reason why I've felt so down lately. Good luck down there. I expect to hear from you often.

Good to hear all is going good. Keep us updated, and let us know if you meet celebrities; Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Nemo, etc.

Yes. It's a weird feeling living alone in an unfamiliar place when the person you have spent so many years of your life with is far away. Steve and I both empathize with you and Kim. I hope the time goes quickly for all of you.

On another note...do you have to shave your mustache?????

Post a Comment