« Home | Ok, Ok, Ok. An Update (as lame as it will be) » | Week 3 » | Heading Home » | First Week At Disney » | Good Bye, Kansas City! » | Countdown to Leaving » | Unemployed » | $20.95 to feed a two year old??? » | My Last Monkeys Show Gets Great Review » | Very Very Sad » 

Thursday, April 12, 2007 

Disney Geek Moments

Today, I've been working for Disney for one month. During that month, there have been many moments that tickled my inner Disney geek. Today was a big one.


I was on Main Street USA, in the Magic Kingdom office. I was waiting to do an interview in one of the conference rooms, and while in there, I noticed two doors across from the entrance. I thought I knew what I would find, and I was right. When I opened the doors, I was looking through the windows above Main Street. The windows have names on them that honor people who have contributed to Disney through the years, so they are a big piece of Disney magic for fans of the company. And now, I was behind the windows, looking out. It was very cool.


I also had the moment of walking in the tunnels.
Each time I'm down there, it's very cool to be in a place that I've dreamt about seeing. Several times, I've walked by groups of guests taking the "Behind the Scenes" tour, and I realize that I'm not alone in my love of this place. And, I didn't have to pay all that money to go on the tour.
Yes, my first month is done, and I've had a good time. It would be so much more perfect if my family was with me, but things are looking up there, so, more prayers/good thoughts would be appreciated.

Extreeeeeemly cool. Glad you're able to fully embrace your geek. Get it ON.

Rigoli wants to know how many bodies are tucked neatly away in those tunnels. I think he has a skit in mind.

Where is Walt Disney's frozen body housed?

Rigoli is such a Felix. I want to know how many bodies are simply strewn about in those tunnels.

Post a Comment