« Home | Update » | Back on "The Grid" » | It's Ours! » | Chinch Bugs » | We're Almost Homeowners » | A Seinfeld Moment » | Hectic Hectic Hectic! » | Our New Home! » | Maybe that's Kramer was saying???? » | A couple of quick photos » 

Friday, August 17, 2007 

Happy Birthday, Dad

Yesterday would have been my father's 79th birthday. Unfortunately, the good Lord took him from us back in 1993. There are very few days that go by that I don't think about him, and wish I could talk to him. He was a great guy, and I'm sure he would have made a great Grandpa to the little boy named after him.


The shirt was a joke present from me. He was the mayor of our hometown (Republic, MO), and often made this quote. And he was rarely as serious as he looks in this photo.

I miss you, Dad!

Hi Randy -

I'm a friend of Pete's from KC, now in Des Moines. I think we might've missed each other at CC by a few months.

To the point: I know where you're coming from. My Mom died as results of a car accident back in '95. She would have been 66 on Tuesday. I have a 2 year old and another on the way. She would have been a great grandma. She was one of my best friends. Not a day goes by that I miss her.

{edit} I should've phrased it like this:

"Not a day goes by that I don't miss her."

Post a Comment