« Home | Back on "The Grid" » | It's Ours! » | Chinch Bugs » | We're Almost Homeowners » | A Seinfeld Moment » | Hectic Hectic Hectic! » | Our New Home! » | Maybe that's Kramer was saying???? » | A couple of quick photos » | As NASA would say, we are holding! » 

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 

Update

So, this past couple of weeks has been very busy. I hinted a bit at it in my brief post, but to kind of bring everyone up to date:

  • Our furniture arrived the weekend before last. It was very hot, but everything got moved in by 2:30 p.m. There was some damage to some of our items, but it’s sure nice to have our stuff back.
  • I’ve had my first go at cutting a Florida lawn. First, it’s hot as heck when your mowing, so you take it slow. Second, the Florida St. Augustine grass is really thick and difficult to mow. But, I got it done, and the yard looks beautiful. I’m really going to try to maintain the nice landscaping we acquired.
  • Charlie was so happy to see his furniture, bed, and toys. His first nap in his bed lasted 4 hours. So, we figure he was just really comfortable. He’s unpacked most of his toys, and they are scattered throughout the house.
  • We’ve had a couple of swims in the community pool. The water is so warm, it’s almost like bath water. Gotta love the Florida sun.
  • Daycare = Petrie Dish. Charlie had gotten sick with Strep a few weeks back. During the move in, and all the work, I got run down, and caught Strep. It kicked me really hard, and I was off work for 3 days. But, I’m back now, albeit still with a sore throat, but no fever or chills.
  • Kim is so tickled with her kitchen and closet. For the first time in years, she can have all her clothes in one location, and all her kitchen stuff fit in the cabinets. No more storing stuff in bedroom closets. However, we have discovered that the storage in the master bath is seriously lacking, so we are going to have to come up with some way of adding to it.
  • The furniture fits perfectly in the house. We were a bit concerned that we might be a bit cramped. Far from it. Our bedroom is so big, we are using the center of it for storage. And the living room/dining room is huge. Walking from our bedroom to Charlie’s room is quite a hike. We had to break out the baby monitors for peace of mind.
  • We got to see the Space Shuttle launch from our front yard. Very cool!

So, everything is going good. I sure do miss my Missouri friends. I miss doing improv, and hanging out with everyone. But, it’s a lot of fun down here! We’re getting our guest bedroom set up, so make your reservations early! I'll try to get some photos up soon!

It's good to get the update. I got an email from Kim today with your new address. Congratulations on finally getting settled it. I know it must feel WONDERFUL!

Congratulations on everything. I wonder how soon it will be until all the cool things you're loving now become tiresome and you get jaded.

Post a Comment